CDBG and HOME Funds Defined; Compliance, Monitoring and Implementation
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:30 AM -
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
Newark HUD Office
One Newark Center
1085 Raymond Blvd., 13th Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102
This two day workshop is important for all CDBG and HOME funds grantees and sub-recipients, and those seeking to access these federal funds for community, housing and economic development initiatives. The training will provide participants with a comprehensive overview of the CDBG and HOME funds rules and regulations which are essential knowledge to administer and comply with the two programs. Participants will also learn important program definitions, and discuss eligible activities, and the role and responsibilities of grantees, sub-recipients and contractors.
Also, class participants will review framework for financially underwriting and selecting CDBG-assisted and HOME-assisted development projects and learn about internal controls procedures and documentation requirements, and discuss program income and timely expenditure of funds under both programs. In addition, federal cross-cutting regulations related to procurement, Davis-Bacon and affirmative action will be thoroughly explained.
The workshop will also cover the rules and special benefits associated with CHDOs under the HOME program. In addition, participants will discuss eligible Owner-occupied Rehab and Homebuyer Assistance activities and Rental Housing Assistance using HOME Funds.
The course will include both lecture and in class exercises.
Key Learning Objectives are:
- Clear misunderstanding about the two programs and how the funds can be used and must be documented under the CDBG and HOME programs
- Show how to determine national objective and calculate low-mod income benefits for the CDBG program
- Determine rents and long-term viability of rental units, including tenant-based rental assistance, under the HOME Funds program
- Discuss the 2013 rules changes under the HOME funds including the revised commitment and completion deadlines, underwriting and program design requirements.
- Interpret and explain compliance and monitoring requirements associated with both CDBG and HOME.